Founder & Managing Director 3 Rivers & Rosalie Forest Eco Lodges, Dominica
Founding Co-Director of The Ecohelpline.com.
I first discovered Dominica in 1990, when I was backpacking the Caribbean, and fell in love with the place instantly. I dreamed that one day I would return and build an eco lodge; a sustainable eco tourism business in Dominica.
In 2001, I returned to build 3 Rivers Eco Lodge, Dominica’s first ever, and original eco lodge; and later Rosalie Forest Eco Lodge, and am proud of the numerous international eco awards we have earned. My aim was to create what I would have liked to find when I was on the road; a small, friendly, sustainable eco tourism Lodge in Dominica, surrounded by natural beauty, where anyone would feel comfortable.
Through the experience I have gained in establishing and running the lodges using only renewable energy, and living in Dominica today, working in close collaboration with my local community, I am able to offer a wide range of educational and consultancy services:
- Eco education : hands on workshops – renewable energy hands on practical workshops for beginners
- Eco education Online– Online eco training certification modules for staff and management in the hotel and tourism industry with The Ecohelpline.com.
- Eco Lodge / hotel greening consultancy – advise and practical greening steps for the tourism industry
- Community, Homestay & eco tourism Guest Speaker Services – for anyone wishing to learn environmental best practices for their eco lodge or hotel, home, college, or anywhere.
- Renewable energy installations – site assessments, detailed equipment proposal, installations, maintenance contract with The Ecohelpline.com.
- Eco Lodge accommodation in Dominica -3 Rivers & Rosalie Forest Eco Lodge ; the unique eco vacation jungle experience.